Sponsored

Darshan Raval Playback, Film Offers !

DARSHAN RAVAL WANTS TO CONCENTRATE ON MY MUSIC !





DARSHAN SIR SAID,


'I Do Get A Lot Of Film Offers, But I Want To Concentrate On My Music.'






His recent bollywood numbers Chogada and Kamariya from love Yatri and Odhani from Made in china Have put Gujarati music in the national stage. Darshan Raval, currently being hailed as one of india's biggest breakout music stars, started off his musical journey by putting out covers of bollywood songs on digital platforms.


 It got him a spot on the reality singing show india's raw star in 2014, followed by a Bollywood debut with Jab tum Chaho, for the salman khan- starrer Prem Ratan dhan Payo, which gave him his first bout of mainstream attention. An "independent musician" by his own admission, Darshan says he credits Bollywood for the massive push it gave his career. His fans who call themselves the Darshaners, are 20-something teens, who lap up every song the puts out.






 And Darshan, in spite of more than 3.7 million instagram followers and 3.4 million fans on facebook, says he wants to be seen "as their friend". 



Darshan, an Ahemdabad Times Fresh face 2012 contestant, speaks to us about acting offers and why Gujarati music is the current flavour. Excerpts from a chat:

You seem to be concentrating more on creating singles than playback. In a nation where independent music is still considered niche isn't that a career risk ?





He Answered, 

I get rid of offers to do Bollywood playback, but I don't want to do every song that comes my way simply because it will make my profile bigger. I want to be a part of songs that I connect with, that are suitable for my voice and give me something new to explore. 



I am an independent artist and I love the process of creating a song from scratch and being involved in every process of creating a song from scratch and being involved in the process of making it. That's why I prefer to Release a few singles every year and will continue to do so in future as well.


At a time when digital platforms have made independent music more accessible, do you think live shows will be relevant ?






He said, 

When I create a song in a studio with a handful of people, I never really know how it will be received. I can gauge the song's popularity by the views it garners on the internet. A live performance lets me figure out my popularity in real time. when an arena full of people sing along with me, it feels special.

Post a Comment

0 Comments